Sorry, this promotion has ended!
It’s National Take Your Dog to Work Day on Friday June 25!
Fundraise for local animal shelter Red Collar Rescue and you could win a $1,500 advertising package.
June 25 is National Take Your Dog to Work day and we’ve teamed up with local animal shelter Red Collar Rescue to ask local businesses to participate and fundraise on the day. The business that donates the most to Red Collar Rescue will win a $1,500 advertising package.
Check out all the details on how you can be involved on page 16 & 17 in this week’s edition of Bundaberg Today!
Terms and Conditions
TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY READER COMPETITION (‘promotion’)
- The Promoter is Bundaberg Media Pty Ltd (‘the promoter’) of Shop 2, Building 2 IWC Complex, 184 Barolin Street, Walkervale Qld 4670, ABN 83 643 012 579. Tel. No. 07 4167 0620.
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- By entering the competition, entrants give their consent for their information to be used for the purposes of determining the winner of the competition. If an entrant does not wish for the Promoter to use their information in this way, they cannot enter the competition.
- Pet Sitters International is in no way affiliated with this competition and does not endorse the Advertising nor accept responsibility for the competition in any way.
- Bundaberg Media Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for the participants fundraising activities associated with National Take Your Dog to Work Day.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all business owners (“participants”) who have a current registered business in the Bundaberg region and are aged 18 years and older at the time of entry; except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, Sponsors and their associated companies and agencies.
- Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- Competition starts 12:01am Friday 18 June, 2021 and concludes Thursday 1 July, 2021 at 6:00pm AEST.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry form is received by the Promoter, not at the time of submission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- Entrants may enter the competition by :
• Registering the participating business by 5pm Friday 25 June, 2021 by emailing the business name, contact name and phone number to email@example.com ;
• The participating business must receive a unique competition registration number from the promoter number in order to successfully register;
• Depositing the cash donation referencing the unique competition registration number into Red Collar Rescue’s bank account by 5pm Thursday 1 July, 2021;
• Red Collar Rescue’s bank account details are:
BANK: National Australia Bank NAB
ACC NAME: Red Collar Rescue
BSB: 084-544 ACC NO: 188-227-599
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
- Each business ABN can enter once.
- Only one prize will be awarded to the winning participating business.
Draw and Notification of winner
- The winners will be the the first valid entry that deposits the largest sum of money into Red Collar Rescue’s bank account submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions, will be finalised at Bundaberg Today, Shop 2, Building 2 IWC Complex, 184 Barolin Street, Walkervale Qld 4670 at 9am Monday 5 July 2021 AEST.
- If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- The winners will be notified by telephone within two days of the draw.
- The winner’s details will be published in Bundaberg Today on Friday 9 July, 2021.
- Prizes will be awarded to the business named in the entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Bundaberg Today’s office, Shop 2, Building 2 IWC Complex, 184 Barolin Street, Walkervale Qld 4670 on Friday 1 October, 2021. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone immediately after the draw. The winner’s details will be published in Bundaberg Today within 14 days of the redraw.
- In the event of a tie amongst participating businesses, the overall winner will be selected via a random draw of all tied businesses, irrespective of how many (minimum 2).
- In such circumstances, the draws for winner will take place at Bundaberg Today, Shop 2, Building 2, IWC Complex, 184 Barolin Street, Bundaberg Qld 4670 on Monday September 7, 2020 at 11:00am AEST.
Prize on offer
- Individual prize value is up to $1,536.00AUD(inclusive of GST). Total prize pool value for the duration of the promotion is $1,536.00AUD. The winner will receive the following prize as drawn:
• An advertising package consisting of three (3) quarter page advertisements (T42 or R24 size) to appear in Bundaberg Today Newspaper on/before Friday 24 September, 2021.
o Standard Advertising Terms and Conditions will apply;
o Prizes are not transferrable, cannot be redeemed as cash and cannot be exchanged for another prize;
o If the gift voucher is lost, stolen or damaged, it cannot be replaced;
o The gift voucher cannot be on-sold or used in the promotion of another competition;
o Any costs for purchases made by the winner, above the voucher value are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- An existing advertising package with Bundaberg Today Newspaper cannot be replaced with the Take Your Dog To Work Day Reader Prize. Cancellations of existing advertising packages will not be accepted.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries must be sent or delivered to the addresses set out in these terms and conditions. Entries that contain any objects not specified in these term and conditions will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted. The Promoter and its agents take no responsibility whatsoever for such entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrant’s Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions, but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.