Sorry, this competition has ended!
Showing someone you care with that perfect Christmas gift has just been made that much easier. By purchasing a subscription to Bundaberg Today not only will your special someone remain up to date on the happening in the local community but it will be delivered to their door every Friday. Order this annual subscription from Friday 27 November and receive 50 issues home delivered along with a bonus gift hamper to place under the tree! Thanks to Think Me hampers! Order yours today on 1300 170 885.
Terms and Conditions
BONUS CHRISTMAS HAMPER – GIFT WITH PURCHASE (‘promotion’)
- The Promoter is Bundaberg Media Pty Ltd (‘the promoter’) of Shop 2, Building 2 IWC Complex, 184 Barolin Street, Walkervale Qld 4670, ABN 83 643 012 579. Tel. No. 07 4167 0620.
- Information on how to enter and gifts forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this promotion, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- By entering the promotion, entrants give their consent for their information to be used for the purposes of determining participation in the promotion. If an entrant does not wish for the Promoter to use their information in this way, they cannot enter the promotion.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to permanent residents of the Bundaberg region of Queensland who and are aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible; except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, Sponsors and their associated companies and agencies.
- Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request participants to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated gift delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a gift. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a participant cannot provide suitable proof, the participant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Gift is available to new customers only. Gift is not available to any household that has previously subscribed to home delivery of Bundaberg Today.
When to enter
- Promotion starts Friday November 27, 2020 and concludes Friday 18 December at 12:00pm AEST unless sold out prior.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the promotion close date and time. The time of entry will in each case be the time the payment is received by the Promoter, not at the time of submission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- To enter, participants must during the Promotional Period make a purchase of $150 for a 12 month subscription to Bundaberg Today.
The redemption of the Gift will take place at the delivery address within the 4670 postcode nominated at the time of purchase. Addresses outside the 4670 postcode must be collected at a pre-arranged time from Bundaberg Today Shop 2, Building 2 IWC Complex, 184 Barolin Street, Walkervale Qld 4670. The Promoter reserves the right to request recipients to provide proof of identity and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a Gift.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the promotion result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- Gifts will be awarded to the person named at the time of purchase. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Gifts on offer
- Individual gift value is up to $25.00AUD(inclusive of GST). All Gift values are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Gift value.
- The Promoter does not warrant the acceptable quality, suitability and/or fitness for purpose of any goods and/or services awarded as a Gift.
- Gifts are not transferrable, cannot be redeemed as cash and cannot be exchanged for another gift.
- If the Gift (or part of any Gift) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute that Gift (or that part of the Gift) to the equal value.
- A maximum of 20 Gifts are available throughout the promotion duration.
- If the gift voucher is lost, stolen or damaged, it cannot be replaced.
- The gift cannot be on-sold or used in the promotion of another promotion of any kind.
- Any costs for purchases made by the recipient, above the gift value are the responsibility of the recipient.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in gift value between now and the ultimate gift redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the gift.
- Gifts cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the gift that the participant must comply with all the conditions of use of the gift and the gift supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the recipient to confirm such conditions with the gift supplier or other relevant third parties.
- It is a condition of accepting the gift that the recipient may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- All entrants agree that they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this promotion if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promoiton. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this promotion.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries must be sent or delivered to the addresses set out in these terms and conditions. Entries that contain any objects not specified in these term and conditions will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted. The Promoter and its agents take no responsibility whatsoever for such entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any gift will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a gift and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded gift to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- An entrant may not use a third party (including online promotion entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any gift will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a gift before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded gift to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the gift is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the gift for a gift of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the gift that the recipient must comply with all the conditions of use of the gift and gift supplier’s requirements. Each gift must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a recipient is unable to use the gift as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant who claims to be a gift participant is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the gift to the participant, the participant hereby permits the participants submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the participants participation in the gift to appear in connection with the Promoter publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the recipient will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrant’s Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Promotion and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any gift/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions, but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.